HOW TO MAKE FLIP FLOPS/SLIPPERS
How fabulous would flip flop slippers like these be as a Mothers Day gift?
I've made several pairs of these slippers for myself and love them. Not only did I use mine at home, but I also made a little bag to carry a pair in my handbag for those house parties where you need to remove your shoes at the front door, or after you've stood for hours and your shoes are 'killing' you.
Easy to make!
1. Shape & Size: Trace around the sole of your favourite sandals.
- 2 Upper sole fabric
- 4 Iron on single or double sided Matilda's fusible foam/fleece (in store)
- 2 Upholstery suede soles - synthetic or genuine
- 4 contrasting 4" strips of fabric - cut full width of fabric. (for top bows)
- 4 strips 2" wide of bias tape for edge of slippers.
- Stitch the contrasting strips together to make 2 tubes
- Leave a 1" opening in middle of strip for turning
- stitch across each end, turn & press
- Iron upper sole fabric to fusible foam/fleece
- Iron bottom sole to fusible foam/fleece
- Stitch one side of bias to right side of upper & lower soles
- Fold unstitched/free sided of bias to wrong side of soles
- Stitch bias in place on each sole piece.
- Place one tie strip between the upper and lower sole layers.
- Place upper & lower soles wrong sides together
- Iron to fuse if using fusible foam/fleece
- Secure upper and lower soles together by stitching over the bias several times
4. Tie the strips into a bow over the top of your foot.
5. Voila! you now have some colourful flip flops/slippers!